Friday, December 5, 2008

living by leviticus.

I'm normally not that into these sorts of silly things. J took me to funnyordie.com many times to watch videos and I would sigh, roll my eyes and walk out of the room.

BUT! In this new phase I'm easing up, or at least trying to. I've been feeling a bit older than I am. Not like 50. More like 37. And I'm looking about 34 as indicated by the lady at the Gallatin, TN crafts fair who said that a round or two of Botox between my eyes wouldn't hurt. Apparently I'm a "squinter". Who knew.

Years ago I read a Letter to the Editor from the Memphis paper in response to a cruel letter that someone wrote condemning Christian homosexuals. The title of the response letter was called "Living by Leviticus", and I'm pretty certain that I still have it tucked away. The gist of the letter- the book of Leviticus is all over the place. From foods to fabrics to childbirth. The mention of homosexuality is just a mention in between a whole lot of crazy. So- if you're going to pick or choose what to live by in the bible, how about just picking Jesus Sermon on the Mount- a simple verse that basically covers it all...

Matthew 7:12 - In everything, do unto others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets.

Now, doesn't that just make more sense?

No comments: