1. why are they all strapless?
2. why do they all take 3 months to get in?
3. why don't more bridal shops serve alcohol?
4. is it really all that inappropriate to wear a green or blue dress?
the dress is the last item stressing me out. after this, no more whining! promise!

4 comments:
I think the rule on the dress should be that you should wear whatever you love the most/feel the best in. Regardless of color or style or anything else. It is pretty silly in 2010 that we feel like we have to adhere to traditional wedding rules, isn't it? Good luck finding a dress!
Um, no, you're definitely not missing a chromosome. Wedding dress shopping sucks, especially when you're in double digit sizes. I hated it. I recommend Xanax & a good friend/shopping partner.
I had an idea of what would work on my body, so I learned fast & quit tring on styles that I knew wouldn't work. A v-neck with thick straps, an A-line bottom & a sash at your natural waist is almost always a guarantee & pretty easy to find.
Good luck! We can shop here when you're in town.
I hated dress shopping, only went once, and bought the last one I tried on b/c I was in tears....therefore, I never liked my dress and regret that I bought it. I say, follow the cut of your favorite non-wedding dress and try to find one that is similar for the big day.
Maybe even try something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/36r4t4h
I'm at work and just read all of your posts to date. Love it.
And I thought I'd comment on the fact that wedding dress shopping was a total bust. Bridal shops suck, the annoying girls working in there who try to talk you out of what you want, they suck too.
My wedding dress, for less than $200 from Anthropologie, is hanging on our closet door, and every single person that has seen it says its pretty, but it's no wedding dress. Which makes it all the more perfect for me.
Post a Comment