
Friday I cut out of work a couple of hours early to spend a ridiculously fun afternoon at Water World - the six flags of water parks here in Denver. Despite the fact that i LOVE amusement parks, including water parks, I haven't been too into the idea of tromping around anywhere in an ill-fitting tankini amongst a sea of teen girls in tiny bikinis. But my love for a waterslide trumped that and off we went. Afterwards, Dan, Alison, Jeremy and I stopped at some hole-in-the-wall mexican place that didn't serve booze (BOO!) and then home for the night.
Saturday morning Jeremy and I went to pick out a couple of large purchases. $900 later, we are the new owners of a lovely Livestrong 9.9 Treadmill. Originally the plan was to find the best treadmill $500 could buy on craigslist, but the more we researched the more we leaned towards a new machine. The rationalization of spending this much comes from the fact that our gym memberships total $90 a month and when we go I walk and Jeremy runs, so why not just buy something for home. I'm BEYOND excited about it and think it's going to get tons of use. Hopefully getting me prepared for jean shopping this fall and Jeremy ready for his birthday marathon in October.
Saturday afternoon spent with Alison checking out some of her matches from eHarmony which was a total blast. Man, some dudes out there are such douches! Luckily, Alison is awesome and so some good guys see that too. (Alison- Team Pat!)
Saturday night watched some fireworks with JC, Alison, Matt, Dan and Bryan in the Glendale Whole Foods parking lot. Lots of fun made better by a fight that some old drunk dude tried to start with a neighboring car. Young guy was playing his music a bit too loud and old balls yells out "You're GAY. WE GET IT." I guess old balls wasn't sure that young guy heard him, so he just kept repeating it or similar "You like shitty music. WE GET IT." Finally some dad broke it up and old balls digressed. It was awesome. Also "WE GET IT" became the sub theme of the weekend.
Sunday the same group took off bright and early for Dan's condo in Breckenridge. Holy shit- so awesome. The day was beautiful- low 70's, sunny, and the mountains were so green with just a little snow-cap left. After a day of drinking too much for high altitude, we came back and watched the season premiere of The Real World. Ha.
Yesterday- just cleaning. ALL DAY. We might be having a few summer guests so it was time to tackle the office/guest bedroom closet which has basically been out place to stuff everything we don't know what to do with. Came out last night with two bags of trash, two goodwill bags and i recycling bin. I think I'm finally learning the "if you haven't used it in a year, throw it out or give it away" mentality.
Looking forward to a 4-day work week and getting my tready on Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment